2 the act of forcing out someone or something; "the ejection of troublemakers by the police"; "the child's expulsion from school" [syn: exclusion, expulsion, riddance]
- The act of ejecting.
Ejection and ejecting can refer to the following:
Accidents and Safety
- Ejection (sports), the act of removing a player or team official from a game, usually for misconduct or other rules violation or for fighting.
Medicine and Science
- Acoustic droplet ejection, a method of moving fluid, without physical contact, using ultrasound
- Coronal mass ejection, ejection of material from a sun's corona
- Ejection fraction, the fraction of blood pumped with each heart beat
- Particles ejected during the formation of an impact crater or volcanic eruption are known as ejecta.
banishment, bowshot, bullet, cannon, cashiering, clearance, conge, dejecta, dejection, dejecture, deportation, detachment, detonation, discard, discharge, disgorgement, disjunction, dismissal, disposal, disposition, dispossession, effluent, effusion, egesta, egestion, ejaculation, ejecta, ejectamenta, elimination, emission, eradication, eviction, excrement, excreta, excretes, excretion, exile, expatriation, expulsion, extravasate, extravasation, extrusion, exudate, exudation, firing, flow, flux, fusillade, gun, gunfire, gunshot, liquidation, ostracism, ouster, outburst, outlawing, outlawry, potshot, purge, removal, riddance, sacking, salvo, secretion, severance, shot, spray, stoneshot, suspension, tattoo, the boot, the bounce, the sack, throwing out, transudate, transudation, volley, waste, waste matter, withdrawal